Makes 8 good sized slices
2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
125 g butter
water (a little if necessary)
1 tin pie apples
4 heaped tablespoons treacle sugar
4 heaped teaspoons cinnamon
What needs to be done
- Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla essence.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt slowly.
- Add beaten egg. If still too stiff, add a little water. Dough should look moist but still be crumbly.
- Press half the dough into the pan.
- Mix apples, cinnamon and treacle sugar and add to pan.
- Sprinkle and dot remaining pastry on top of the apples.
- Bake at 200º C for about 20 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar if you like.
Enjoy noshing these.