Today is the last day of school. Today is the last day of 5th class for Dolly. She is going into her final year of primary school in September and to be honest… I don’t know how to cope! Where have the years gone to… I remember her first day at school like it was yesterday.
But today was not about me and my soppy, nostalgic, Momma feelings. Today was all about party day.Share Day, as Dolly’s school call it. You bring in enough treats for everyone at your table and then everybody shares them out. Dolly always seems to be sitting at a big table, so there is always lots to make but we don’t mind.
Naturally enough, Dolly asked for cupcakes. And these chocolate fudge sundae bad boys were baked! The recipe is not too unlike my otherdark chocolate cupcake recipe but it’s lighter in chocolate and fudgier in texture
Chocolate Fudge Sundae Cupcakes- yields 24 cupcakes.
- 475g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 375g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g coco powder
- 100ml coffee (I used decaf for the kids here!)
- 100g melted chocolate (at least 50% coco)
- 250ml buttermilk
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line 2 pans with 24 cupcakes cases.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until fully incorporated and looking light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla.
- Sift you flour, coco powder and baking powder together and leave to one side.
- Melt the chocolate and mix in with the coffee. Stir until smooth. Add in the salt.
- Add one third of your dry ingredients to the eggs and sugar and combine slowly.
- Add the cup of milk.
- Add one third of you dry again, mixing slowly.
- Add the oil.
- Add the coffee and chocolate and mix again.
- Fold in the remaining one third of the dry ingredients by hand using a rubber spatula. This way you ensure it stays light and fluffy and you don’t over mix the batter.
- Scoop into the 24 cupcake cases, filling to about two thirds full and bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted inside comes out clean.
I used just plainvanilla buttercream, the easiest and quickest to pipe for me.
Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 200ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 60%)
- Heat the cream, like you would a ganache but do not let it come to the boil. Just a slight simmer.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and cover the bowl to retain the heat.
- Allow it to melt the chocolate for about 5 minutes and then stir it all together.
- Pop it in the fridge to cool down.
- When it’s ready it’ll be thick but moveable. Drizzle it all over the cupcakes in any haphazard fashion you want.
- Lick the bowl clean.
I have a HUGE favour to ask all of you fine, lovely (did I mention good looking??) folk…The Blog Awards Ireland 2013 have opened up their nominations, until July 16th, and are asking readers of Irish based blogs to nominate their favourites. You will find more about the awards here if you’d like to read about it but it’s pretty much a big deal in Irish blogland.
You may have noticed, over there in my side bar, that there is a “nominate me” button for the Blog Awards. Well, I wonder, if you have a spare few minutes that you might pop on over, by clicking that button or going tothis page and maybe nominate me in the food/drink (or whatever other you think I fit into) category. If you would like to… because I know I would like you to!
I feel my little blog has come into it’s own in the past year and I am super proud of what I have achieved here. I am proud to say that I have a strong readership, have made some wonderful new friends, shared my little life and gained such positivity and belief in myself and my abilities… all from just sharing my makings and doings with you wonderful people!
The nomination process is super simple.
- You just add in your own name and email at the very top.
- Then scroll down through the categories, pop my blog email, [email protected], my blog name, Cupcakery and the blog address www.hazeyfantazey.blogspot.ie.
- Check the box to say that I am resident in Ireland, because well, you know… I am.
- And then write a word or two about how awesome you think this little ol’ blog is.
- Click send at the bottom and that’s it! Done, dusted, nominated.
So if you like what I do here, or like what any other Irish blogger is doing on their blog, be sure to vote for me or them.
Have a great Thursday folks. Hope the sun is shining on whatever part of the world you’re swinging by from!