We’re now entering one of my favorite times of the year to go to my local farmer’s market or grocery store. I absolutely LOVE walking into the store or perusing the farmer’s market and seeing loads of fresh strawberries, peaches, apricots, nectarines and cherries. I had my first peach of the season a couple of days ago and immediately went to the store to buy more.
Now, as you can tell from the content of this blog, I’m a dessert girl through and through. One of my favorite “comfort” desserts of all time is a warmed fruit cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream. Actually, any warm dessert served with vanilla bean ice cream gets an A+ in my book 🙂
You can use the topping for this dessert to top a pie or substitute the peaches for apricots, nectarines or even plums! YUM! Also, since fruit is such an important part of a healthy diet, feel free to eat as many pieces of this as you’d like. That’s how it all works, right? As long as there’s fruit, eat away? 😉
THE PASTRY POSTS FRESH PEACH CRISP
Makes 1 9×13 crisp
6 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix the peaches and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a food processor, add flour, brown sugar and butter and pulse until well combined.
- Mix half of the sugar mixture with the peaches and transfer to a 9×13 baking pan.
- Pour the remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Crisp will keep in the fridge, covered, for a couple of days.