It’s incredibly easy, oh so satisfying, and this recipe makes so much! It pretty much fills the slow cooker and will be good for a week’s worth of lunches. Otherwise, it freezes really well so you can save some for later. So wonderful, so versatile, what more could you ask for?
- 2 pounds extra lean ground beef (you could also go the healthier route and use ground turkey instead)
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large package of sliced mushrooms
- 2 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 packs of chilli seasoning (this is almost cheating but who’s going to know)
- 2 tablespoons Montreal steak spice
- 4 tablespoons chilli powder
- 4 dashes hot sauce (adjust this to your taste – remember that Brandon doesn’t like spicy food)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic
- Brown your beef in a large skillet with the onions and garlic. Drain the fat when you’re done.
- Add beef mixture and everything else to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Again, these are guidelines and it will be fine if you keep it in there a little longer.
How freaking easy is that? Especially considering the delicious pay off you are going to get when you walk in the door after a hard day at work. Just lovely.