I don’t think the pictures do this bread justice! It was so good, and I just threw it together using ingredients I already had on hand. I baked up several mini loaves and froze a couple of them to eat later on.
Bonus: it’s healthy.
It does have a little butter and sugar, but it also has good for you ingredients like banana, blueberries, oatmeal and Greek yogurt.
Click for the recipe!
Blueberry Oatmeal Banana Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used a light olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or 1 cup fresh blueberries
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together bananas until finely mashed; add sugar, butter, oil and vanilla. Beat until well combined and creamy. Beat in eggs until combined – about 1-2 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in Greek yogurt, flour mixture and oats until just combined. Stir in blueberries until combined.
Divide into 4 mini loaf pans. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Cool on a wire rack before slicing.