Maybe you feel like moist, chocolate-studded muffins with hints of cinnamon and sweet brown sugar.
Or maybe you just have a lot of zucchini that you need to use up.
Either way, these muffins will do the job (and delight the taste buds!) A sweet muffin batter with oats tossed in is given a red-carpet makeover with sinful, dark chocolate chips and –le gasp– shredded zucchini! Wait, wait, just listen! Zucchini keeps these muffins tender and moist, and I assure you that it doesnot make the muffins taste like vegetables! If you are trying to sneak some veggies into your kid’s –or heck, even your– diet, this is definitely a great way to ease into it! You will think you are having a guilty pleasure, but in reality you will be packing in some whole grains and some nutrients!
These muffins areso delish, I can barely contain my happiness about them! The chocolate chips get all melty and make each bite sweet and smooth, while the touch of oats create a perfect texture… Man, I love these muffins! So did the 14 other people I gave them to (these are ‘normie’-approved, people!)
What are you waiting for? Throw those boring breakfasts and snacks out the window, and have a muffin instead!
These make killer jumbo muffins too!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted From AllRecipes
Makes 12 Regular-sized Muffins Calories/Muffin: 108
- 1/4c. whole wheat flour
- 1c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4c. one-minute oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp salt
- 3/4c. splenda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2c. no sugar added applesauce
- 1/4c. light vanilla soy (or unsweetened almond milk+1/2tsp vanilla)
- 1/3c. dark chocolate chips
- 1c. shredded (grated) zucchini (just grate it like you would cheese, but de-seed them first)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, oats, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and splenda.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, applesauce, and soy. Pour that mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix just until wet (don’t over mix!). Add in the zucchini, and mix until evenly distributed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.