I made this for our supper snack. Just plain sponge cake. It was so soft and light we finished up the whole cake in a jiffy! Sometimes, plain is best.
Sponge cake is one of the simplest recipes to follow. The main ingredients are eggs, sugar and flour. It’s perhaps the most versatile cake because it’s used as the base for many cream and/or fresh fruit cakes.
– 4 eggs
– 100g cake flour
– 100g castor sugar
– 12g spongecake stabiliser
– 25g milk
– 90g melted butter
1. Put all the ingredients except the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
2. Beat everything on high for at least 7 mins until stiff and creamy (aka “ribbon stage”).
3. Add in melted butter at this stage and mix in thoroughly.
4. Pour into a 9-inch lined baking pan and bake at 190 degree celsius for about 20 mins or until a test skewer comes out clean. When done, remove the cake immediately and leave it on wire rack to cool.