The problem with moving isn’t just the packing, it’s also the getting rid of things factor. Not just in furniture but also in food. It’s not that I don’t want to take my groceries with me but the less I have to worry about, the better. In the last several days I’ve been trying to cook and bake within reason and when something runs out simply note it as something to buy after I move. It’s been a challenge. Not to mention the lackluster amount of fridge space I have as it is (praise Him for no more roommates in just a matter of days). I’ve been willing myself to somehow not buy eggs as it takes up too much space. As a baker, I’m going a little bonkers. But I do need to eat real food (while eating off what I have) which is how this lasagna came to be. I had kale, I bought shrimp on a whim, I had cheese to spare. It was a no-brainer.
This recipe has a combination of shrimp, kale, onions, feta cheese, minced garlic, cilantro, mozzarella cheese and alfredo sauce in between each of the five layers. It comes together pretty quickly if your shrimp is already thawed out and in my case there were many leftovers (enough to freeze and giveaway).
SHRIMP AND KALE LASAGNA
1 16 oz. bag of shrimp
1 18 oz. package of kale
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 c chopped cilantro
1 6 oz. package of feta cheese
1 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 yellow onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon thyme
2 cans alfredo sauce (I used Prego’s homestyle alfredo sauce)
1. Make sure you have thawed your shrimp as directed on the packaging.
2. Cook lasagna pasta as directed on package. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Using a tablespoon of olive oil saute shrimp, onions, cilantro, minced garlic and onions and seasonings on stovetop. Sautee until onion are translucent. Set aside.
5. Spray 9×12 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Taking lasagna noodles, assemble layers in pan, with noodles first, then kale, then shrimp saute mixture then cheese then alfredo sauce. Then start new layer with noodles on top once covered.
6. Pour leftover shrimp mixture along with cheese over the top of lasgana.
7. Place in oven and let bake for 25 minutes.
8. Take out of oven and let cool before slicing.