My sweet tooth kicked in this morning and these delightful mini donuts were the result. They have a wonderful texture and have just the right amount of sweetness, for me at least.
You can easily lighten these baked donuts up too, use light sour cream or I would even consider adding 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and 1/4 cup oil in place of the 1/2 cup oil. I thought about doing it when I started out but really hate to mess around much with a recipe when I make it the first time. I love the molasses and raspberry combination here also, they pair together beautifully. I also used white wheat flour in place of all purpose, if that is all you have it will work fine.
Raspberry Bran Baked Donuts
Yield: 2 dozen
Serving Size: 1
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup wheat white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 2 cups confectionary sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add oil, brown sugar and molasses to a mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in egg and sour cream. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking soda. Add the bran cereal and mix until combined. Fold in raspberries.
- Spray mini donut pans with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon batter into pans.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes. A tester will come out clean when baked and donuts will spring back when touched.
- While the mini donuts are baking mix together the glaze ingredients. Flip the donuts out onto a wire rack when finished baking. Dip the donuts into the glaze. Place on a wire rack to dry.