We came up with this recipe to conquer the 40 degree day that was literally melting everything in our pantry (…our coconut oil is now an actual oil..).
Anyway, this salad can be enjoyed on a hot day, for a light lunch or even a side dish to a dinner. Ohhh it could even be used as an entree, at a dinner party! Now, we’re getting too excited.
This recipe serves two. Obviously as the ingredients compliment each other well, you can add or subtract as much or as little as you want. But here is what we thought matched nicely;
– Prawns (washed and peeled)
– One head of broccoli (keep raw)
– 8 pieces of asparagus (keep raw)
– One pomegranate
– Half an avocado
– 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
– 2 tablespoons of organic greek yoghurt (we use five:am brand)
– A leaf of kale
– 1 cup of spinach (or more if desired)
– 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
– A few mint leaves (we got ours from our organic garden!)
Combine all ingredients except for the apple cider vinegar, sunflower seeds, pomegranate and yoghurt in a large bowl and mix with your hands (give it a try it’s quite sensual)
Once you’ve mixed all ingredients together and have delicately placed them in a bowl/plate, then you can add the reminder of the ingredients on top (make it look nice guys). As you can see in our photo, the last ingredient we’ve added are the seeds. It just looks better that way for all you instagramers out there…