Spring is FINALLY here, and what better way to celebrate than with a batch of refreshing lemon poppy seed muffins! The smell of sweet citrus will fill your house and brighten everyones day :). These are by far the best muffins I have made in a very long time. They are moist and will melt in your mouth, and yet still feel light and fluffy.
Lemon Cranberry Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2/3 cup Yogurt
- (I used peach yogurt because that is what I had, but you can use plain yogurt as well)
- 2 Eggs
- Zest from 2 lemons
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350º F
- Combine all of your dry ingredients, excluding the dried cranberries, in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar with a spatula
- Once the oil and sugar are fully incorporated, add the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix well with your spatula or a whisk.
- Add the yogurt and whisk to fully incorporate.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth.
- Fold in the dried cranberries.
- Line a muffin tray and fill each liner 3/4 of the way with the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack