I’ve been making these Mediterranean Chicken Packets from Martha Stewart for several years and they are so delicious I decided to turn this recipe into a Mediterranean Chicken Casserole. I have gotten really lazy lately. I have great aspirations of cooking everything I love to eat but just don’t have the energy in my third trimester to cook everything I aspire to. The best thing about casseroles is they have very little hands on time. You just throw a bunch of things in a dish, put it in the oven, and forget about it until the timer goes off. That’s exactly what i’ve done for this recipe to have a great meal with very little time. You can get so much done or just relax and do nothing while dinner is in the oven making itself.
Hands On Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
1 lb. Boneless Chicken Breast Tenders
28 oz. Diced Tomatoes Drained
14 oz. Canned Artichoke Hearts Quartered
3 Tbsp Sundried Tomatoes
30 Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
6 tsp Capers
1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 tsp dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place chicken breast tenders in bottom of pan and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, feta cheese, and oregano.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake covered with foil for 40-50 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
This is what my casserole looked like before I put it in the oven.