- 160g coconut (dessicated / shredded / flakes)
- 1000g water
- Place all ingredients in the Thermomix bowl. Blend 1 minute on speed 10.
- Place nut milk bag or muslin cloth in a large bowl. Ensure cloth is big enough cover the bowls edges.
- Empty ingredients from Thermomix bowl into the bag or cloth and squeeze until all the milk comes out.
- Refrigerate milk for up to 48 hours.
- Coconut pulp can be discarded or dehydrated to make coconut flour.
– The coconut can be exchanged for any nut to make a nut milk – we love using almonds, cashews, macadamias, or hazelnuts.
– For a creamier milk can increase amount of coconut or nuts to 200g.
– Coconut milk lasts for about 48 hours in the fridge.
– Coconut milk can be frozen in small portions in an ice cube tray and pulled out to add to scrambled eggs, pumpkin mash or soup.
– The leftover pulp can bedehydrated to make coconut flour.