This quick bread, made with whole wheat flour is loaded with naturally sweet carrots and apples and crunchy heart healthy walnuts.
Love the crunchy walnuts. And the carrots and the apples keep this quick bread sweet and moist.
This bread comes together quickly. Perfect for snacking, breakfast or brunch.
Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quick Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
A whole wheat quick bread full of naturally sweet and fresh carrots, apples & walnuts.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray the inside of a 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and all of the spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Now in a separate mixing bowl, combine the apple cider, melted butter and eggs.
- Gently fold this into the flour mixture.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much moisture from the grated apples and carrots as you can and add them to the mix.
- Drop in the walnuts and stir until they are incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf pan and even the top with an offset spatula.
- Top it decoratively with some whole walnuts if desired.
- Bake for about 60-75 minutes, making sure that a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool some more.
- This bread keeps in an airtight container for about 1 week.