This vegetable lasagne is tasty on all layers!
What you need:
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 aubergine
- 2 courgettes
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- mixed herbs
- 1 onion
- A large bag of spinach or 3/4 bag of frozen spinach
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Slice the sweet potato, butternut squash, aubergine and courgettes into thin discs and roast in rapeseed oil until tender. Roast the sweet potato and the butternut squash first and add the aubergine and courgettes in later.
- For the green sauce: (if using the frozen spinach) wilt the spinach in a saucepan with hot water, once done drain the water. Place the spinach in a blender with a teaspoon of nutmeg, salt/pepper and a splash of almond milk. Continue to add almond milk until a sauce-like paste develops.
- For the red sauce: in a saucepan mix together the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, mixed herbs, garlic and an onion. Season with salt/pepper.
- Once cooked, remove the vegetable discs from the oven and lay some of the discs across the base of a lasagne baking dish so that they cover it.
- Add 1/2 of the red sauce to the top of the vegetables and then 1/3 of the green sauce.
- Add another layer of vegetables, red sauce and green sauce. Then add the final layer of vegetables and the leftover green sauce to the top of the dish.
- Bake in the oven for a further 25 minutes.
Optional – Grated cheese for the top.
Meat lovers: Add mince to the red sauce.
And voila, enjoy!