Six truths to govern your weekend…
1. Mylo Xyloto will make your ears happy.
2. Any costume that involves homemade, fake throw-up is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
3. Bloodroot is proving to be an entrancing novel and should be paired with a large cup of chai tea.
4. I want boot socks. A lot lot.
5. Not gonna lie… These look ridiculously delicious.
6. Chilly mornings call for warm breakfasts.
This warm cinnamon-y breakfast is quickly becoming one of my very favorites. Ready in mere minutes, a big serving of toasted apple-cinnamon oatmeal somehow makes crawling out of a snuggly bed while it’s still dark outside a little less menicing.
Toasted Cinnamon-Apple Oatmeal
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup gluten free oatmeal
2 cups water
1 6 oz. container of plain applesauce
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
Fresh fruit for topping
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large saucepan.
Toss in the oatmeal and let it absorb the butter. Toast oats until edges are slightly golden, stirring continuously.
Add water. The oatmeal will begin boiling in about 30 seconds. Let bubble for about 2 minutes or until water has been totally absorbed.
Remove from heat. Add applesauce, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Try not to eat it right out of the pan.
Quickly cut up fruit for the topping. I used a mix of pears and plums, but I’ve also used apples, blackberries, and blueberries. Any fruit will work really.
Top with fruit and enjoy with a giant cup of joe and your fuzziest house shoes. Kick the day off with a cozy, healthy start.