1 kabocha squash, roasted
3 Yukon gold potatoes
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut squash in half & scoop out seeds, etc. Lay face down on a baking sheet.
3. Cut potatoes in half & lay face down on the same baking sheet.
4. Cover with foil & roast for approximately 45 minutes – 1 hour, or until squash & potatoes are fork tender.
5. When cool enough to handle, scoop out roasted squash from its skin into a strainer. Press out as much liquid as you can.
6. Remove skins from the potatoes. Mash together roasted squash & potatoes in a bowl.
7. Add egg yolks & mix until well combined.
8. Work in flour to form a thick, soft dough. Add salt & pepper.
9. Split the dough in 4 & roll each portion into approximately 1″ thick logs.
10. Cut each log into 1/2″ pieces.
11. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil & cook in 2 batches for about 1-2 minutes. The gnocchi should begin floating to the surface of the water by then.
12. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon.