a gluten free, dairy free, low fat cookie that’s 100% delicious? impossible! i was skeptical when i first stumbled upon this recipe for flourless chocolate cookies on recipegirl, but i gave it a whirl and was blown away by the results. these cookies are perfectly chewy, sweet, and taste JUST like a brownie, and are surprisingly free of any kind of flour. think flourless chocolate cake, in a cookie form. you HAVE to try these. i altered the recipe a tiny bit, and ended up adding more sugar, plus chopped almonds. you could literally mix anything into these cookies: white chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows, peanut butter chips….ugh i’m obsessed! these are officially my go-to cookie. make them now.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped
- mix powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and sea salt in a bowl.
- stir in egg whites and vanilla extract.
- fold in chocolate chips and almonds.
- spoon into tablespoonsfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, about 2 inches apart. i got about 2 dozen cookies out of this batch.
- bake at 350 degrees, for about 15 minutes, or until the cookies puff up and have a crinkly top
- remove from oven, and wait a few minutes for the cookies to settle before transferring to a wire rack to cool
- eat & enjoy