A few months ago we were on a family trip at a cabin. My husband’s whole side of the family was there. Usually, when we take family trips, the sisters all take turns making dinner one night. Well, my sister-in-law Heather, (have I mentioned that I have the best sisters-in-law? Cause I do.) made this incredible Pineapple Chicken for our Taco Dinner one night. It was sweet but still had that salsa taste to it. She told me all it was, was the Pineapple salsa from Costco, salt, and a little maple syrup. So easy right? Just the type of meal I like.
When we got back from our trip I made this same dinner the following week. On average I have made this dinner about once every 1 1/2 weeks since we got back. Talk about obsessed.
Just recently we went on another trip with some close friends. I made this same dinner for them one night and again, it was a hit. And come to find out, my friend (who was on the trip with us) made this meal the week we all got back from our trip. This is one of those meals that is just so good and so easy it is the frist meal you think of when you think “what should I make for dinner tonight”. Bing. Tacos!
And check out this awesome white, kid-friendly plate from Re-Played Re-Cycled.
Pineapple Chicken Tacos
- Place 6-7 chicken breasts in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Pour pineapple salsa (or another sweet salsa like mango would work too) over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and allow it to soak up all the juice from the salsa for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Taste and add salt and/or brown sugar as needed.
- Serve on warm tortillas with desired toppings (but I think limes are a must with this recipe).
- Toppings: limes, cilantro, cheese, sour cream, avocados, tomatoes.