Nigella’s chocolate chip cookies
- 150g butter, softened
- 125g brown sugar
- 100g white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (cold from the fridge)
- 300g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 326g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and lime a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and beat together with both sugars (I just used very soft butter instead of melting it)
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs until creamy.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda and gradually mix the flour with the wet mixture
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop out the cookie dough using a large ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measure and press the dough a bit. This will make approximately two batches of 8 cookies (unless a Cookie Monster lives at your house…)
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, let cool on baking dish for a few minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack.