These crackers make the perfect snack and my daughter is obsessed with carrying her little snacks around in her pink snack cup!
Cheesy Cracker Puffs
Yield: About 50 crackers, more or less depending on cracker size
- 3 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons half and half
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- LSC: Pour grated cheese, butter, salt and half and half into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- LSC: Mix until combined.
- LSC: Add flour. Mix until just combined. Dough will be very crumbly.
- Using your hands, take half of the dough and form it into a disc.
- On a lightly floured surface, carefully roll dough out to about a 1/4 inch thickness. Dough will crack so try to keep it as intact as possible as you roll it out. (I like to use my hands to flatten it out)
- LSC: Using a small cookie cutter, cut out crackers OR use a butter knife to cut out 1×1 inch squares.
- LSC: Place crackers on a jelly roll pan. Crackers can be close to each other but not touching.
- Bake 14-16 minutes. Transfer crackers immediately to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Once cooled, store crackers in an airtight container.