Incredibly simple Almond Roca Bark recipe and what a great time of the year to share this recipe with you.
Ever since I got this recipe from a close friend of mine, Almond Roca Bark has been a must have at my house during the holiday season. It’s so easy I don’t even know if this qualifies as a recipe! I only use four ingredients and all of the cooking is done in a microwave. A microwave!…I know right? Seriously, I just can’t get over how easy this recipe is.
You will need chopped almonds, good milk chocolate (Ghirardelli, Lindt, Hershey, or milk chocolate from the bulk section. Choose your favorite), butter, and sugar.
Put 4 sticks of butter and 2 cups of sugar in a large microwave safe bowl (Pyrex glass bowl). Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Take out to give a little stir. Put back in microwave for another 3 minutes.
Don’t forget your oven mitts because the bowl will be hot! Take the bowl out of the microwave and with a wired whisk, whisk for 3 minutes until the butter and sugar mixture is incorporated and it resembles a thick and creamy vanilla pudding. Place the bowl back in the microwave and for 6 1/2 to 8 1/2 minutes depending on your microwave. You want a nice brown toffee color but be careful not to burn mixture.
Using your oven mitts, take out and pour over the almond and chocolate mixture on the cookie sheet. With a spatula, spread out the sugar and butter mixture.
Top with the remaining almonds and chocolate. Gently pat down with spatula. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Cut into pieces and enjoy!
2 cups almonds, chopped
7 oz. good milk chocolate
1 lb. butter
2 cups sugar
- Chop almonds and chocolate. Spread half of this mixture on a medium sized cookie sheet.
- Place sugar and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Take out and stir the mixture and then put it back in microwave and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Using oven mitts, take out and whisk for 3 minutes until butter and sugar is incorporated.
- Put back in microwave for 6 1/2 to 8 1/2 minutes. The mixture should be a golden brown toffee color.
- Take out and pour over the cookie sheet with the almond and chocolate mixture. Spread sugar and butter mixture out to the edges with a spatula so that the mixture is even.
- Top your Roca with the remaining almond and chocolate mixture and then gently pat it down. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut/break into pieces and enjoy!