Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

I find that I zone out in the shower.

Like, a lot.

Have you guys ever seen that joke statistic that says 90% of time spent in the shower is just zoning out, while the other 10% is actually getting clean? That statistic was practically made for me, I think. My showers are short but I rarely, rarely get through one without losing my focus.

Most of the time I think about my to-do list or food. Like this morning: I was chilling in the shower and thinking how on earth I was going to write a post about theseamazing dark chocolate cheesecake squares that I made on Saturday. Because I didn’t want to do the stereotypical “oh these are perfect for Valentine’s day yadayadayada” since I know everyone is up to their ears in bloggers saying that.

And I didn’t want it to seem like readers needed to use a holiday as an excuse to eat these. Because 1) when I was in there, I could practically taste the rich chocolate and the smooth, fluffy cheesecake, all on top of that buttery graham cracker crust, and 2) I kept thinking about how I practically stuffed three of them in my face, because they were just so damn good., and 3)I really wanted to highlight that they seriously tasted like a full fat cheesecake but actually had at least 50% less fat and sugar and could pretty much be eaten any day without feeling weighed down.

And so I basically concluded to let this post and the photos speak for themselves– and to remind you that actually making the recipe would be much more satisfying than drooling over your computer screen and trying to lick it.

Oh, and I hope your week is marvelous!

Inspired by Cooking Light
Serves 12      Serving Size: 1 bar              Calories/Serving: 165


  • 1tbl sugar
  • 3tbl splenda 
  • 3/4tbl butter

  • 1tbl
    egg white

  • 1c. graham cracker crumbs

  • Cooking spray


  • 3tbl light vanilla soy milk

  •  1/3c (2oz) dark chocolate chips
  • 1/3c.
    sugar free chocolate syrup

  • 1
    (8-ounce) block nonfat cream cheese, softened

  • 1
    (8-ounce) block Neufchâtel cheese, softened

  • 1 and 1/4c. splenda

  • 2tbl
    unsweetened cocoa

  • 3/4tsp vanilla extract

  • 1/4tsp

  • 2
    large eggs
  • Raspberries, strawberries, or mint: for garnish 


  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Beat sugar, 3tbl splenda,butter and egg whites together in a bowl at medium speed
    until blended. Add graham cracker crumbs and beat until well-mixed. Firmly press mixture into bottom of an 9-inch square metal pan coated with cooking
    spray. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes; let cool.
  3. Heat soy milk and chocolate together (either in the top of a double boiler or in low microwave power bursts) until chocolate melts, stirring
    frequently. When melted, remove from heat if necessary; add chocolate syrup, stirring until
  4. Reduce oven heat to 300F. 
  5. Place cream cheeses in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add 1 and 1/4c. splenda, cocoa,
    vanilla, and salt; beat until smooth. Add chocolate sauce mixture and continue to beat, at medium speed,
    until well-blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
  6. Pour cheese mixture onto crust and bake at 300F for 40 minutes or until almost set. Turn oven off, and let cheesecake sit in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the counter for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge for at least 8 hours.
  7. To serve, cut the cheesecake into 12 rectangles and decorate with garnishes. Devour!

More Recipes

Share on social


Don't miss a single post!

Be the first to know about new flavors, upcoming events, recipes and more!

Eva Rosenberg

Eva Rosenberg

Welcome to Eva's Kitchen where I share my adventures in cooking. My creations may not always turn out Pinterest perfect, but I usually end up with a funny picture or an interesting meal. Thanks for stopping by!


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Join the mailing list

if you want to connect on a more personal level & get content straight to your inbox – sign up below to be added to the list!

(don’t worry, I’ll never spam you or give out your email address)