- 200g white chocolate
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup roasted pistachio nuts (shelled)
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (gemalen kokos)
- 400g tin of condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice (or speculaas kruiden)
- 2 tablespoons rose water (available from the Toko or most Asian specialty food stores)
- 1/2 cup extra desiccated coconut for coating
- Gently melt the white chocolate in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, chop or cut up the dried cranberries into quarters.
- Next, chuck the pistachio nuts and coconut into a food processor and blitz until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Add the condensed milk, melted white chocolate, mixed spice (or speculaas kruiden), and rose water and process further until it forms a wet paste.
- Add the chopped dried cranberries and combine into the mixture using your hands or a spoon.
- With wet hands, roll the mixture into roughly 20 gram balls, covering in coconut as you go and placing onto a large plate or baking tray.
- Refrigerate preferably overnight before devouring.