For the Pastry
125 g butter
100 g castor sugar
250 g flour
For the filling
2 egg yolks
250ml castor sugar
125ml lemon juice
zest of 3 lemons
125 ml mascarpone cheese
pinch of salt
What needs to be done
- To make the pastry, in a food processor mix the butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix.
- Add the flour and mix until the dough just comes together.
- Tip onto a floured surface and gently knead.
- Flatten dough and wrap in cling wrap. Chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- On a floured surface roll dough as thinly as you can. Cut circles out of the dough and line a greased muffin tray. Prick with a fork.
- Chill for a further 15 minutes.
- Bake at 180° C for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- To make the filling, beat the eggs, egg yolks and castor sugar until pale.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Stir in the mascarpone.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Spoon the mixture into the baked and cooled pastry cases (still in the muffin pan).
- Bake at 150° C for 20 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Dust with icing sugar and garnish with lemon zest.
Bring on those afternoon thunderers.