I’m always looking for quick and easy weekday meals, and for the past week I’ve had to rely on those few slap together food ideas that we all store in our heads and pull out for use when the going gets tough and time for creativity is pretty much non-existent.
This is one of my go-to meals that is so simple, requires few ingredients but is good enough to be served at any cafe … and of course like many of my favorite foods, this one is a staple at any New Zealand cafe (although usually it’s made with panini bread instead of ciabatta).
Chicken, Brie & Cranberry Toasties
Write a review
- chicken breasts
- olive oil
- brie or camembert cheese
- thick pieces of ciabatta or ciabatta buns
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Pour olive oil onto the chicken breasts and add some freshly ground salt and pepper. I keep the chicken in the original plastic container it comes in and use this as a bowl. Use your hands to ensure the chicken is completely and evenly coated in the oil and seasonings.
- Put the chicken into a lined roasting dish and bake until the chicken is golden (about 20-30 minutes).
- Slice the chicken into thin long slices and lay onto your ciabatta pieces and season well with more salt and pepper.
- Smother the chicken in cranberry jam, before adding slices of brie or camembert
- Place the other ciabatta slice on top and toast in a panini press, toasted sandwich maker, or grill.
- Serve with some rocket dressed with olive oil, a couple of teaspoons of freshly juiced orange and salt & pepper.
- Eet Smakelijk!!
- Monique xx