I love mashed potatoes.
But I have a secret.
I love mashed sweet potatoes with pumpkin even more. This creamy, buttery, brown sugar-y mash is perfect for a fall day. Plus, it is a great way to use up that can of half-used pumpkin sitting in your fridge (come on, we both know it is in there). This is a great side dish that can also serve as a yummy dessert, without the guilt of the calories and fat that normally accompany mashed potatoes! Regardless of when you eat it, this sweet potato and pumpkin mash is oh so sinfully good, and with the smell of cinnamon and maple syrup wafting through the house how could anyone resist?
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Mash
Serves 2 Serving Size: about 2/3c. Calories/Serving: 135
- 5 oz of cooked sweet potato (about 1 small), skin removed, roughly chopped
- 1/4c. pure pumpkin puree
- 3tbl sugar free maple syrup
- 1/3tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/8tsp nutmeg)
- 1tbl splenda
- 1tbl light margarine, melted
- 1tbl brown sugar (light or dark)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency is reached.
- Done. Enjoy and eat!