Watermelon is probably my favourite fruit, and there are three ways that I love it: one, is just by itself, two is as a watermelon pizza (simply cutting watermelon into triangles and serving it with an assemblage of fruit on top: see photo below), and three: as popsicles. Now, these are the cheater’s popsicles: you only need watermelon and Popsicle sticks. You can have them plain, or you can mix them up. Today I thought I would share three different ways you can serve these delicious popsicles, and they are great for hot summer days (or even winter: let’s be honest, to any Sydney-siders we are getting 20 degrees Celsius + in the middle of winter!).
You will need:
A large slice of watermelon (try and aim for seedless), cut into triangles
Popsicle sticks for however many triangles you have
1 banana + 2 tbsp almond milk combined in a blender or food processor.
1. Cut your watermelon into reasonably thick slices/triangles. To insert the popsicle sticks you will need a knife to slice a hole though the watermelon skin. Insert sticks.
2. Blueberry popsicles: squish in blueberries (preferably frozen) into the watermelon flesh.
3. Flower popsicles: make sure they are edible flowers! Then stick the stem into the flesh of the watermelon.
4. Banana drizzle: combined 1 banana and 2 tbsp almond milk in a food processor until smooth. Drizzle over watermelon. You can add before you freeze it or after.
5. Place watermelon slices in freezer until frozen!