I love shrimp! It is hard to find ways to cook it that everyone will enjoy! We try not to fry things too often around here, so filling up a shrimp skewer with delicious seasoning and a few veggies is perfect! This is easy to make and so delicious and fun for kids to make too!
Grab a pound of medium peeled de-veined shrimp, some cherry tomatoes, limes, peppers, olive oil, cayenne pepper, cumin, chopped cilantro, sea salt, black pepper, and some skewers.
Preheat the oven to 400. While it is preheating, cut each lime into 8 wedges, and split and remove the seeds from each pepper.
Get your skewer and place lime wedge, then shrimp, then tomato, then shrimp, then pepper, then shrimp, then tomato, then lime wedge on each skewer. Put the skewers on an oiled rack on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season your skewers with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the shrimp are done.
Serve the skewers over rice and garnish with cilantro to make it a full meal!
Southwestern Shrimp Skewers
- 1 lb Medium Peeled De-veined Shrimp
- 5 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Limes
- 4-5 small Peppers
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut each lime into 8 wedges.
- Split and remove seeds from each pepper.
- Place lime wedge, then shrimp, then tomato, then shrimp, then pepper, then shrimp, then tomato, then lime wedge on each skewer.
- Place on oiled rack on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne and cumin.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, until shrimp are done.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.