All I can say about this recipe is that you must give it a try. The original recipe called for buttermilk since I didn’t have it handy I used Greek yogurt instead. The resulting cake was unbelievably soft in texture and the taste was so good that it will be fair assessment to say I’m hooked. The brown sugar topping on the cake which is a classic for snickerdoodle gave the perfect caramelized taste to the cake which will make you say yum!!! Try it and let me know….Enjoy!!!
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- All Purpose Flour — 6 Tbsp
- Raw Sugar — 2 Tbsp
- Butter (room temperature) — 2 Tbsp
- Greek Yogurt — 1/4 cup (can be substituted with buttermilk)
- Cinnamon — 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder — 1/4 tsp
- Salt — 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla Extract — 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon Sugar — 1 tsp ( I just mixed sugar with sprinkles of cinnamon powder)
- In a microwave safe bowl measure buttermilk/greek yogurt, add butter and microwave on high until the butter is melted. Add vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix well. Transfer the batter to a tall mug with straight rim, sprinkle cinnamon sugar until it covers the top of the batter and microwave on high for 2 minutes and 10 seconds. Remove from microwave and let it set for about a minute. Serve immediately when warm. Enjoy!!!