Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!! Truly a little powerhouse seed, with so many uses and awesome nutritional benefits! Chia seeds are high in fiber, healthy omega-3 fats, and protein. They are unique in the fact that they absorb over twice their weight in liquid, helping to create a sense of satiety! Chia pudding makes the perfect base for this delicious jam, and you only need a handful of natural ingredients to make it! SO easy!
You will need:
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (coconut sugar, stevia, etc)
- 1 tsp psyllium husks (optional, helps keep the jam thick)
- First you will need to form your chia pudding. Combine the chia, milk and sweetener in a sealable container and shake it up, then place it in your fridge.
- Go back every 10 minutes or so for an hour and stir the chia so it doesn’t get clumpy.
- Leave to thicken for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once thickened, pour the chia pudding into your food processor and add the raspberries and psyllium husks.
- Pulse for about 30 seconds until the raspberries break down and are incorporated with the chia.
- Pour into a container and store in your fridge!