here is my recipe for tart frozen yogurt using only two ingredients: greek yogurt and sugar! it is actually easier to make than like, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. and it tastes just like the tart frozen yogurt that you would find at pinkberry or red mango. if you have an ice cream maker, try this! it’s a simple, healthy, and affordable treat. i like mine plain with a few berries, but feel free to top with anything you like!
- 4 cups of plain greek yogurt (i used 2 cups of 0% and 2 cups of 2%)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you may want to use a bit less if you would like a more tart frozen yogurt)
- mix yogurt and sugar in a bowl
- pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturers instructions
- once the yogurt has frozen, serve immediately for the perfect soft-serve consistency.
- store remaining frozen yogurt in a plastic container in the freezer. allow to soften before serving for 20-30 minutes, or microwave on defrost for a few minutes, stirring every so often to make sure it softens evenly.