This sauce is mean, green and made from peas. It’s simple to make, appeals to almost any palate, and its applications are virtually infinite. Just blend up a batch and find out your favorite use for this bright spring green sauce!
Green Pea Sauce/Dip/Filling
Yield: Scant 3 cups
2 cups frozen peas, blanched and drained
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup canola or sunflower oil
1 Tbsp agave nectar
- In a blender, puree peas, vinegar, cilantro, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in oil with blender running.
- Blend in agave.
- Use immediately or keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Use this amazing green stuff as:
- Dipping sauce for crackers and raw veggies
- Filling for ravioli
- Topping for grilled tempeh or baked tofu
- Garnish for hearty soups
- Spread on toast with vegan cream cheese
Can you think of other interesting uses for this fresh, tasty pea concoction?