here is another fun way to use wonton wrappers! by coating the wrappers in butter and cinnamon sugar and baking them for a few minutes, you can get a crispy, sweet, and churro-like chip. i layered the “noodles” with whipped cream and berries, and finished each lasagna off with a sprinkle of coconut. these were so delicious! you could fill the lasagnas with anything really – pudding, custard, melted chocolate, peanut butter – the possibilities are endless! this recipe will make two individual lasagnas.
- 6 wonton wrappers
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- 2 tbsp strawberries, sliced
- coat each wonton wrapper in melted butter
- mix sugar and cinnamon, and coat each wonton wrapper completely with the mixture
- place wontons on a baking sheet lined with foil, and bake at 325 for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. keep a close eye on these, as they burn very easily.
- when the wontons are golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature
- place a wonton on a plate. add a dollop of whipped cream, and top with a few strawberries. place another wonton on top of the berries, and add another dollop of cream. now top this with a few blueberries. place a 3rd wonton on top of the blueberries. add a big dollop of whipped cream on top, and garnish with a tsp of coconut. repeat to make each lasagna.
- serve immediately, and enjoy!