- Two chicken breasts
- Coconut oil
- 1 X 400g chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 X 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 X courgette, cut into fine cubes
- 4 field mushrooms chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Sprinkle of basil
- Salt & pepper
- Basmati or wild rice
- Additional toppings: feta cheese, Greek yoghurt, gluten free flatbreads, parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven and cook the chicken breasts for 25 minutes at 180 C.
- Fry the courgette cubes, mushrooms and garlic in a pan. Add the chickpeas, cinnamon, salt, pepper and chopped tomatoes and allow to simmer whilst the rice cooks.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and add to the pan.
- Serve with the rice and add additional toppings if necessary.