- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp gelatin, green bottle
- 1-2 tbsp of melted coconut oil, coconut butter, or coconut cream (cream from the top of full-fat canned coconut milk)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen diced mango (or other frozen fruit)
- 1 scoop barleans chocolate silk greens powder (or a tbsp cacao/cocoa powder plus some stevia or honey)
- 1/2 tbsp l-glutamine powder
- dash of salt (getting enough salt in conjunction with fluids is very important)
- 3-4 ice cubes
As any of you who follow me on instagram may know, I have a fun desert treat involving gelatin that I make frequently. I actually use the red bottle for this, though either one would work.
Healing Brownie Batter
- 1 heaping tbsp room temp coconut oil
- 1 heaping tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 heaping tbsp great lakes gelatin
- 1 heaping tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tbsp l-glutamine powder (optional, but also great for healing of the digestive track)
- pinch of salt
- optional extracts such as vanilla or peppermint
Mash everything together well and savor. It’s rich, chocolatey, and full of beneficial health foods. My kind of desert!
It’s safe to say I LOVE gelatin and it has become one of my favorite supplements. An even better source of gelatin is homemade bone broth, which my instagram readers may have already seen, too. I will give my easy directions on that soon!